How Group Therapy Can Help Treat Bipolar DisorderJune 27, 2018
Why Choose Residential Mental Health Treatment?July 13, 2018
With all that life throws at you, it can be difficult to mange everyday stressors.
It is common for people to neglect their mental health and push their problems to the side. Someone who has a lot on their plate may experience anxiety disorders symptoms but not even realize that their mental health is being neglected. Other people may simply struggle to feel comfortable enough to open up. Anxiety is a part of life for everyone at one point or another, but when anxiety consistently causes you problems, it’s time to look for anxiety treatment in Boca.
Anxiety disorder symptoms are characterized by intense feelings of worry, and anxiety disorders can seriously impact one’s daily life. You or your loved one may be suffering from this disorder and not even realize it. Our mental health treatment in Boca works with people who struggle with various anxiety disorders, so we want to help you recognize some common hidden anxiety disorder symptoms. While the generalized anxiety disorder symptoms will differ from social anxiety symptoms, both have overlapping physical and social signs that you should be aware of.
Hidden Physical Signs of Anxiety
- Restlessness – Restlessness encompasses not being able to sit still in any situation and can appear in the form of various nervous habits. These habits can include anything from excessive hand shaking or tapping your foot.
- Reoccurring Sickness – Individuals with hidden anxiety are sick often because that is the way their body naturally responds to extreme stress and anxiety. Their constant anxiety leads to high levels of cortisol which is bad for their overall health and can make them sick.
- Body Tension – With anxiety comes fight or flight situations that can make the body tense up and produce muscle aches.
- Panic Attacks – Rapid heartbeat and extreme sweating make up a panic attack, and one who has an anxiety disorder may frequently experience panic attacks.
Hidden Social Signs of Anxiety
- Past Emotional Trauma – Any previous experience that has caused a lot of pain for someone can increase social anxiety levels that are associated with that experience.
- Lifestyle Signs – Excessive drinking and a poor diet can worsen anxiety symptoms. Unfortunately, many people turn to drugs or alcohol to cope with their anxiety and eventually develop an addiction to these substances. Our program for dual diagnosis treatment in Boca and an active lifestyle can help manage anxiety symptoms in everyday situations.
It’s important to recognize anxiety disorders symptoms in either your life or your loved one’s life. It is possible to manage these hidden signs of anxiety. At Banyan Mental Health, we are committed to effectively treating all mental health patients in order to live a healthy lifestyle.
If you or someone you love is struggling with an anxiety disorder, our mental health PHP may be able to help. Many people suffer from anxiety, but not everyone takes the proper steps to get professional care. Our mental illness treatment methods allow our patients to grow through recovery. Contact us today at 888-280-4763 to start the recovery process right away.
Alyssa is Banyan’s Director of Digital Marketing & Technology. After overcoming her own struggles with addiction, she began working in the treatment field in 2012. She graduated from Palm Beach State College in 2016 with additional education in Salesforce University programs. A part of the Banyan team since 2016, Alyssa brings over 5 years of experience in the addiction treatment field.