Holidays Increase Anxiety Levels?December 8, 2018
How Therapy Can Improve Your LifeDecember 20, 2018
How to Handle Anxiety at Work
Anxiety in the workplace can be detrimental to a person’s performance and productivity. Anxiety attacks can prevent someone from confronting an employee in a needed conversation, cause them to make excuses to get out of work events, or even not take a promotion because of the intense feelings that are present. Those who deal with anxiety disorders may have a hard time maintaining relationships. When this carries over to work it can be hard to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Becoming stressed at work is completely normal and can happen to anyone. However, these feelings become a problem when they start to prevent you from functioning properly. Our mental health facility provides anxiety treatment in Boca Raton. Here we explain how to handle anxiety and stress at work. Follow these tips below for managing your anxiety at work.
- Learn about your symptoms. If you educate yourself on the common symptoms that come with anxiety, you will be able to recognize them early and handle your situation accordingly.
- Seek treatment and therapy. Anxiety is a common mental health disorder that can be treated and managed. If you undergo therapy, you will learn how to successfully combat your symptoms when you are at work.
- Stick to a plan. When it comes to deadlines, it’s important to make to-do lists and work on each task one step at a time. It can be very easy for someone to become overwhelmed when work starts to pile up. Someone with anxiety may shut down over things like this. Be realistic about how you schedule your tasks.
- Take breaks. It’s okay for you to step away from your desk to take a walk when you are feeling overwhelmed at work. You need to take a moment to regroup and clear your head.
- Avoid clutter and stay organized. If your work environment is messy and unorganized it can be hard to stay productive. This can then lead to unwanted stress.
- Stick to your boundaries. While it may seem hard to leave work at work and not bring it home, this can be very important for your state of mind and stress levels. Try not to check your emails when you are on vacation or at home.
If you are worried that your anxiety is turning into a major problem at work, contact our mental health treatment center today at 888-280-4763. Our anxiety treatment in Boca Raton can help you live a productive and healthy lifestyle.
Alyssa is Banyan’s Director of Digital Marketing & Technology. After overcoming her own struggles with addiction, she began working in the treatment field in 2012. She graduated from Palm Beach State College in 2016 with additional education in Salesforce University programs. A part of the Banyan team since 2016, Alyssa brings over 5 years of experience in the addiction treatment field.