How Parents Affect Their Child’s Mental Health & Tips You Can FollowAugust 22, 2022
Burnout in Mental Health ProfessionalsSeptember 6, 2022
Undifferentiated Schizophrenia Definition
Schizophrenia is a serious mental health disorder that can cause drastic and disabling symptoms that can impair a person’s ability to:
The signs and symptoms of undifferentiated schizophrenia may include a variety of symptoms that don’t fall into a specific subtype. Common undifferentiated schizophrenia symptoms include:
Undifferentiated Schizophrenia Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of undifferentiated schizophrenia may include a variety of symptoms that don’t fall into a specific subtype.
Common undifferentiated schizophrenia symptoms include:
- Disorganized thinking
- Reduced emotional expression (also known as the flat effect)
- Reduced speaking
- Trouble focusing and decision making
- Challenge related to retaining information (memory)
- Behaviors that seem disconnected from the person’s reality or situation
- Atypical movements or catatonia
- Decreased self-motivation
- Lack of interest in social activities or activities the person once enjoyed
- A diminished sense of pleasure or joy
According to the DSM-5, a person has schizophrenia if they meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 of the following symptoms are present in 1 month (or less with treatment):
- Disorganized or catatonic behavior
- Negative symptoms (symptoms that indicate a loss of regular function)
- Disorganized speech
- One of the current symptoms of a diagnosis must be hallucinations, delusions, or disorganized speech.
- Since the onset or start of symptoms, symptoms have caused clinical impairment in one or more areas of major function.
- Symptoms have been present for at least 6 months, during which there is at least 1 month of active phase symptoms.
- Other mental health conditions, such as schizoaffective disorder or bipolar disorder with psychotic features, have been ruled out.
- Symptoms aren’t linked to the effects of a substance, such as drugs or alcohol.
Undifferentiated Schizophrenia TreatmentChronic undifferentiated schizophrenia is a big deal, so you want to make sure that the diagnosis you receive is accurate. Our facility can help you confirm whether you have a mental health disorder or not. We offer mental health diagnosis services in which you meet with our specialists and undergo a thorough clinical assessment to pinpoint symptoms and determine whether you have a mental health disorder. For those who are diagnosed with schizophrenia, our Banyan mental health center offers schizophrenia treatment that provides round-the-clock guidance and support. During treatment, clients will meet with our therapists to better understand the source of their disorders and how to best manage their symptoms outside of rehab. For more information about our mental illness treatment in Boca, call Banyan Treatment Centers today at 888-280-4763.
How Schizophrenia Was Portrayed in A Beautiful Mind
Famous People with Schizophrenia: History Edition